Tuesday, January 13, 2009

new year...new me?

well, i have successfully quit smoking. haven't had one in like a week i think. and no huge cravings. done. done!

i haven't been eating that well. i have been trying to get in my food groups and snack on good things, but i have found that back to school for me = back to crappy, sporadic eating. boo! this weekend is going to be my big change over for this. slow and steady wins the race. also no good is i have lots of starbucks money. so i've gotten pastries twice. and i am craving one now. mmm. bad.

i've been stretching every morning and i like it. i've also been using my feldenkreis block for my neck and shoulder. i've been using my trigger point pro but not too much bc it works really deep and can leave too much pain if too much work is done. i learned the hard way. heating pads are my friends. i want to have less muscle tension - am working on it - wooot!

my cardio is down, i've been walking which is over a mile a day but essential walking, not exercise walking. and i was getting so good with the exerbike, i should re-visit.

that's my update! good health to me and you!

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I have really fallen off of the exercise wagon myself. This has been especially true since the New Year because I'm taking so much time in the evening to make dinners. Sometimes I cook for hours at a time. That really cuts into my workout time. I always think that I'll go when the girls are asleep... but that Hubot and me time.

One thing at a time my friend. One thing at a time.

Congrats on conquering cigarettes. I haven't had one in longer than I can remember. Even when people smoke around me now... I'm okay.

nikkol said...

yeah, i gotta grab back on even if it drags me through the rough tundra for a while before i am securely back on the wagon. i think doing stuff like making dinners is burning calories, maybe not the same as cardio, but to be something for hours, and plus a positive thing like making what look like some of the best meals ever!

my next post is on accepting this is going to be very gradual...

and thanks! i haven't had and don't think i will :)