Monday, January 19, 2009

gradual

i haven't been eating great. i need to borrow someone's car and go shopping in one big trip, not mini ones.

i am back to black coffee with sugar in the raw. i think a lot of sugar. i can't seem to get the pouring down properly even when i try into a spoon first. oh well.

i have been walking.

also i've been doing periodic exerbiking. i should do that more. i've been doing arm stuff too.

the best i think is stretching every morning and using my feldekreis block for neck and shoulder stretches. and relaxing and using the heating pad. for overall health.

i think i mentioned that with school comes crappy eating habits, i am trying to curb that. hasn't worked out so well so far.

i also came to the realization that i put on this weight gradually so it's going to be a gradual loss, too. but health is my main goal, but losing weight is on top of that.

good luck to me.

4 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

How expensive would it be to call a cab to bring you home once you're done with your shopping?

Also, we have a big shopping cart that folds up. I walk about a mile to the grocery store with that cart and both girls... and then a mile home with two weeks and hundreds of dollars of groceries in it. You should get one. I think that ours was about 30 dollars.

nikkol said...

you know, i don't think a cab would be expensive at all. maybe i will check into that. they also have "zipcars" here where you can get cars for however long you need them, i could take it to the coast for the weekend or just to the store, so i was thinking of looking into that, too....

but

i like your cart idea. i was talking to karapist about this with my school books actually and complaining that i didn't want to be an old cart lady and she said told me to do what i gotta do, i'll sacrifice looking like a dork for comfort and less long term back damage.

where did you get yours? thanks :)

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

You know, we bought ours from a little corner grocery on our street. Everyone uses them here. I don't think you'd look like a dork at all. You'd look like an eco-conscious non-driving awesome food star.

Also, we have the Philadelphia car share which is similar to zip car. I think we have zip car too. If my mini-van wasn't paid for, I might consider that. But it is admittedly nice to be able to just walk to blocks, get into our car and go.

On that note... I now realize how much I took my driveway for granted.

nikkol said...

eco-conscious non-driving awesome food star = I LOVE IT!

i think i am going to get one of the carts, i don't feel so bad about it shopping and hauling groceries. it's the school bag part. bet i would look a lot smarter with a healthy spine!