Wednesday, April 23, 2008

off track trying to get back on

i had been avoiding 2 major things. but they are creeping back in. ice cream - which i've gotten a few times now and pizza - which i've now ordered twice. my excuses are that i fell and can't really walk or carry things back from the store. it hurts but it's not that bad. and the other excuse is that it's cold and windy. boo! let's get back on track and get good food and exercise. i should totally exerbike today. i think my hurt knees can handle it. and if not. i'll walk somewhere. boo-yeah.

2 comments:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Is there a less fattening treat than ice cream that you'd like, but is similar? Like, how about a frozen yogurt or sorbet? I know that those things can be sugary. Have you ever made it yourself? I have a little ice cream maker that I've never used. Though, I hear you just need some sort of salt and it's not too hard to make. Maybe I could send it to you. I don't know where the instructions are... but we could probably find them online.

nikkol said...

heh, making my own would be !awesome!

it's funny that you mention this bc after my appt friday i was like, ok, i need to find healthier alternatives. bc i realize that even if i do mainly eliminate these things, i will crave them sometimes and going along with your moderation mention of allowing sometimes. and even though my behavior tells otherwise, i would rather eat a small amount of sorbet instead of a whole container of ice cream. uck.

i was getting frozen yogurt but it's at the far 24 hour store and more expensive, not at the cheap corner store. but they have delicious all natural fruit sorbet at trader joe's, i need to get there.