Thursday, August 2, 2007

Why I am writing this new blog...

I've decided to really become proactive in my weight loss. My highest weight after my car accident in July of 06 was 195 pounds! EEK! After I was able to start doing some of the activities I used to do before I was broken, I was down to 185, still, EEK! So, I decided since I'm not a 6'2" linebacker, I need to start eating healthier and LESS and start exercising. My goal after i was down to 185 was to lose 35 pounds to be 150 which I look really good at. My new goal based on a $100 incentive is to get to 145 pounds. I started and I've already lost 10 pounds so my weight at the start of this is 175 pounds, EEK! So, 30 more pounds to go.

I plan to keep track of my eating and exercising to an extent on this new blog. Look forward to many, boring posts about my weight loss progress. I know you're bursting with excitement, I am. Oh, wait, that's my pants too tight ;)

3 comments:

christina said...

Good for you, my love!
I wish you all the best!

You'll probably start feeling way better in general!

Yay McNik!

nikkol said...

thanks :)

i actually feel better already - i hope my energy level and general well being continue to increase.

it's so easy to get stuck in a rut and complain about something you want to change but when you finally start to take the steps to make the change, it really gets you rolling; it has for me at least.

bev said...

yay! im in desperate need to shed some stress weight too. im moving next sunday and am using that as my fresh new start of good habit-having.

ill keep you posted. for now, i have to stay fat for at least one more week.

i know what you mean about the walks to/from work! i was thinking about it yesterday and i have a 1/4 mile walk to and from the subway and it makes a big difference!!

as for today, i have raging pms i need a quesadilla.