-coffee
-ff creamer
-1 and 1/2 bagel
-peanut butter
-jam
-blue corn chips
-spinach, cheese and salsa dip
-ice cream (i swear off ice cream, again!!!)
-apple
i hard core stepped for 1/2 hour. i didn't weigh myself. i don't think i should weigh myself everyday or many times a day. check in weekly or something. word.
i craved cereal around 11p.m. i walked to the store and got GoLean almond flax cereal, fat free milk and strawberries. and when i got home, i didn't eat any of it. YaY!
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Thursday
Posted by nikkol at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I would highly recommend NOT weighing yourself. I know you're trying to lose a specific amount of weight - but i'd do it as little as possible. Whenever I try to lose weight, there are loads of times when my weight goes nowhere, but i *feel* better. Especially if you're exercising and building muscle (which weighs more than fat) - When I weigh myself, I get discouraged and it usually ends with me eating a bunch of crap. You should thing about changing your weight loss goal to a new pants size or measurement. It's totally more rewarding than the icky scale. Scales are the devil.
And... my last note (and i'll stop being preachy) -- I lost the most weight ever like 9 years ago when I did ediets. It was the best thing ever because you plan out your whole menu (including snacks) and its really specific. (for example, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 cup of skim milk...etc) Anyway, it forced me to buy a little electric food scale and a bunch of measuring cups/spoons and weigh everything and it was awesome because i learned so much about portions. It also lets you specify things like... "I need to eat out 3 times a week, or do 'convenience meals,' so you can put things like lean cuisines, or healthy choice dinners - or meals at subway or other fast food places right into the menu... so you even know what to order.
Anyhoo, the recipes are all super quick and easy - and i kept a little binder with them all and still make them. The website has changed a bunch since I did it so long ago, but you can still to the plain old ediets thing on there. Its not gimicky at all -- you can still eat all kinds of food, but this just shows you how much to eat. Oh god, I sound like a commercial.
Oh, last thing that I got and LOVE... the balance ball. The giant inflatable rubber ball. Best invention ever and super fun, easy 'do them while you watch tv' exercises.
Anyway, no scales + good portions = skinny jeans and healthyness. Now, if only I could take my own advice and get my lazy ass to the gym.
yeah, scales = no. but i got realllllly obsessive when i did portions. basically i am just gonna eat less and better and exercise. i get $100 for moms and $100 from dad if i meet my goal weight or look. moms offered as incentive bc i bitch all the time about it AND i am in my brother's swanky wedding so i wanna look bomb in the dress.
i have a yoga ball. sometimes i work my core muscles at the computer. aka sit on it.
AND my now skinny jeans fit even when i was bloated! doing ok, keep on going....
go me on the self pep talk
Post a Comment